March 05, 2021Mixtapes / Playlists / Podcasts
Direct Links: Soundcloud / Youtube
- Yoruba Singers - Ojinga's own
- Gaylords Of Dominica - I've Got You
- Gaylords Power Union – Wicked World Outside
- Theo Bylhout - Get Down Cause Ain't Funky
- Black Truth Rhythm Band - Ifetayo
- Harold Sylvester - 75% Calypso
- Keith Prescott - Disco Fever
- Maestro - Show Must Go On
- Merchant - Umbayao
- Sippy - From Creation
- Coleen Grant – Latin Parang
- Joe Tempo Caesar - Soca Mosa
- Roaring Lion - Trinidad Carnival
- Nap Hepburn - Hawaai Baby
- Gaylords Power Union – Dream Of Africa (A Damoo Ziamba)
- Gaylords Power Union - I'm Going Home
- The Solid Senders - Starvation
- Four Friends - Pretensive People
- Jester Stanisclause - Big Man In This Town
- Rex Harley - Dread In PRA
- Atlantico - Dread As I Am
- Gaylords - I Man Suffering
- Milton Samuels - Red Hot
- Versatile - Destruction
- The Hia Cees - Man Free Now
- Sid Jones & The Troubadours - Faith
- Richard Stoute - Goodbye Now My Bajan Girl
Matteo Fava began his musical career playing Reggae music in Bars and small parties in Rome, Italy.
With his crew 'Mash Up Babylon' he organized events and took active part in the Roman nightlife, mixing the sound of Reggae and Jungle music from the UK. Many major international artists were booked for 'Mash Up Babylon' parties including Youthman Promotion and Congo Natty.
In 2012 Matteo moved to Amsterdam where he focused on building his career as a Reggae Dj, spinning records in central bars such as HillStreet Blues and underground parties at the historical club Paradiso.
In 2014 Matteo started working at Vintage Voudou tropical record store, a must visit place for all tropical music diggers and DJs. Thanks to his experience at the store and frequent shows at Red Light Radio, Matteo got fascinated by Caribbean, African and Latin music and gradually began to include it in his sets.
Since 2019, Matteo has been working on his own as a rare record dealer. He travels around the world to find great music from the past decades and enjoys collecting stories from old time DJs and learning more about 1950s to the 90s music. He builds up his selections around Caribbean music, Funk and Reggae music.
When he's not busy traveling around West Indian islands or spinning ultra rare tunes, Matteo also directs movies - watch this space !